How it works:
- Version 1: a well-dressed stranger claims that he has been robbed, and asks if you could spare him some change for transport to a police station or embassy.
- Version 2: a guy who has forgotten to bring his wallet out, and is in a rush to see his sick wife, sister or mother in another city.
- Version 3: a guy at the College and Spadina area, who claims to have come to the city to get treatment, but needs money to get back home, and then shows you a bunch of receipts.
- Version 4: a woman from Hamilton who is stranded due to losing her purse.
Places to beware:
- Toronto: Union Station, St. George subway station, Bay Street, Yonge Street, University Avenue corridor
What to do: