How it works:
- Opening: while driving, you may encounter a friendly stranger who asks if you can give him a ride.
- Set-up: on the way, he asks if you have seen certain attractions and will try to guide you there. Should you do so, at the end of it, he will demand an inflated tip.
Places to beware:
- Cherry Tree Hill
What to do:
- There may be good unofficial guides – test them for a minute before committing. In general however, they are not worth it. Get a licensed, reputable guide instead:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. Jolly Roger Pirate Cruise, wrecks snorkelling, exotic island tour, etc).