How it works:
- Version 1: taxis use fixed fares and not meters. Hence, some simply quote inflated prices.
- Version 2: some quote you a number without specifying the currency. If you think it is local currency, he will tell you that it is USD at the end of the trip.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Avoid: taxis at tourist spots.
- Photo: take a photo of the taxi number and driver’s license.
- Overcharging: for those at the airport, GAIA (Grantley Adams International Airport) has a link showing the fares to be charged.
- Currency: ensure that the price quoted is in Bajan dollars.