How it works:
- Most food places are fine, it’s generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Version 1: menu shows one price, but when it comes to paying, it is a different price.
- Version 2: there have reports of scammers posing as waiters to take your orders. They order a takeout from the restaurant and then charge you an inflated price to cover their fee.
Places to beware:
- Oistin: Oistin’s Friday Night Fish Fry
What to do:
- Check the menu (prices, fine print), do not eat what was not ordered and check your bill.