How it works:
- Situation: hair braiding is a popular thing to do here but many have been tricked. Young girls walking with a parent are usually targeted.
- Version 1: advertising a cheap fee but only when everything is done, tell you that the fee is only for the first braid. They then charge you an inflated fee for every other braid.
- Version 2: using excuses to not reveal the price at the start and then charging an inflated fee.
Places to beware:
- Nassau: Straw Market, Cabbage Beach, Bay Street
- Paradise Island
What to do:
- Avoid doing it here unless you have a reliable contact – touts are usually unreliable, and shops purporting to be “licensed” may play the same tricks.