How it works:
- Version 1: cancelling for no reason and not refunding the deposit.
- Version 2: sending you to a timeshare presentation.
- Version 3: misleading sales and marketing claims – you end up using unsafe vehicles/ferries, get poor accommodation and meals, hit with hidden fees, or not go to the places promised.
- Version 4: jet ski/water sports or booze cruise excursions at inflated prices.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. Freeport: Port Lucaya Marketplace)
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. Sandy Toes Beach Island, Nassau Catamaran sail & eco-snorkel at Sea Garden, etc).
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator).