How it works:
- Taxis in Aruba are generally very reliable. However, taxis here do not use meters, but follow an official fare sheet.
- As such, some will quote inflated flat fares if you do not know about the fare sheet.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. tourist attractions, hotels, airports, transportation hubs)
What to do:
- Avoid: taxis at tourist spots.
- Photo: take a photo of the taxi number and driver’s license.
- Overcharging: ask for the fare sheet, or you can download it from visitaruba.com.
- Alternative: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform) has three transport options.