How it works:
- As rental cars are easily spotted (different license plate), they are at a higher risk of being stolen and sold for parts.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. beaches, restaurants, hotels, rental properties)
What to do:
- Park: in a paid lot with security cameras. Back into the parking lot to make opening the trunk difficult. Do not leave valuables exposed.
- Anti-theft measures: use a steering wheel lock, pedal lock, gear shift lock and leave a tracker in the car.
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.