How it works:
- Fake Turkey visa sites which disguise themselves as the official government site have been around for years, and yet many still got tricked.
- Some are non-existent, while others will grossly overcharge for taking your details and then submitting it to the authorities online – something which you can easily do.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- First, go to the government eVisa site which will have a .gov in the hyperlink. As of 2020, the link is https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
- Second, check the site for a local contact number. Illegitimate sites are unlikely to have one or may have one that is not in Turkey.
- Third, check the cost before confirming payment. If not, you can be charged any price and it is not illegal – it is your fault for not checking.