How it works:
- Situation: some may be fine and are even cheaper, but you have to accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car, potentially being robbed).
- Opening: posing as from a reputable company (e.g. using the logo Stockholm-Taxi or Taxi in Stockholm to pass themselves off as from Taxi Stockholm).
- Set-up: you will probably end up being overcharged.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: official taxis have yellow vehicle registration plates and should have all the markings of a proper taxi (e.g. taxi sign, working meter, company details, license displayed, etc). Reliable taxi companies include Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir, Sverigetaxi.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. Get Taxi) or day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (best in Europe) with 10+ transport options.