How it works:
- Situation: most food places are fine, it’s generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Set-up: not listing prices in menu and then charging rip off prices or adding inflated hidden fees; giving less change than required.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.
- Alternative: GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has a couple of food tours.