How it works:
- Situation: also known as the trilero game, to win, you bet which one of three shells contain a pea (or which of three cups contain a ball), after they are switched around.
- Opening: there is a bunch of people here, who are all part of the same gang. One switches the cups, one plays the game, three to five act as onlookers, and one is on the lookout for police. They will make it seem easy to win by allowing an accomplice to win constantly.
- Set-up: when you play, the dealer uses a sleight of hand trick to take the ball out at the last moment. He then puts it back under whichever cup you did not choose when opening it. Note that even as a spectator, accomplices may pick your pockets.
Places to beware:
- Barcelona: Las Ramblas
- Benidorm: Playa de Levante, Benidorm Old Town, Avenida del Mediterranean, Benidorm Municipal Market, Poniente Beach
- Gran Canaria: Playa de Mogan
- Madrid: Gran Via
- Mallorca: Palma de Mallorca
What to do:
- Stay away.