How it works:
- Version 1: a young woman sits with you, gets a drink (on your tab) and chats with you. After a while, she disappears and you get hit with an inflated bill.
- Version 2: overcharging your credit card and not giving a receipt.
- Version 3: pub crawl scam in Tenerife where promises made are not fulfilled and there are additional hidden fees (e.g. being forced to buy a raffle ticket).
Places to beware:
- Barcelona: Barrio Chino
What to do:
- Decline such advances as it is a common scam across Europe.
- Head to reputable bars and always get a receipt. Alternatively, GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has some popular pub crawls.