How it works:
- There have been reports of unlicensed taxis posing as official ones or taxis that you have called around airports. If you take them, an inflated fare will be charged.
Places to beware:
- Ljubljana: Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport
What to do:
- Situation: some may be fine and are even cheaper, but you have to accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car, potentially being robbed).
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: reliable companies include TUAM Vinetou, Laguna and Intercity. They are yellow in color with a taxi sign and a working meter. In Ljubljana, you can use the taxi booking app Hopin as well.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. TaxiMetro, InTaxi, Cammeo) or day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (best in Europe) with these transport options.