How it works:
- Situation: the two best theatres in Russia are the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow and the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg. Tickets sell out fast due to resellers who snap these tickets up.
- Set-up: as a result, there have been scams associated with ticket touts, with tourists paying premium prices for low quality seats or even falling for fake tickets.
Places to beware:
- St. Petersburg
What to do:
- Buy direct from company/official counters or licensed retailers.
- For performances at Bolshoi or Mariinsky, book your tickets as early as possible (available for sale 3 months in advance).
- Else, other venues to consider – Moscow: Stanislavsky theatre, The Kremlin Palace Theatre; St. Petersburg: Mikhailovsky Theatre, Hermitage Theatre.