How it works:
- Two versions:
- Strike and run, distract and grab.
- Possible scenarios:
- Hotel: theft from hotel rooms.
- Train: impersonating other passengers or simply breaking into a sleeping booth to steal unattended luggage
- Vehicles: theft from vehicles.
- Check out other hotspots of violent crime
What to do:
- Hotel safety tools:
- When not in the room, consider using a portable safe or hotel safe lock.
- When in the room, consider using a door lock or door motion alarm.
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.