How it works:
- They work in a gang – one onlooker, one blocks, pushes, distracts, or engages you, one grabs and the final hides the loot under a cover (e.g. jacket/newspaper) and escapes.
- Bucharest: Old Town, Baneasa Shopping City, Unirii Square, Gard Du Nord
- Brasov: Brasov Historical Center, train station
- Constanta: Tomis Harbor
- Iasi: main train station
- Sibiu: Strada Nicolae Balcescu
What to do:
- Passport: carry a photocopy instead of the actual one.
- Valuables: wallet in front pocket, small valuables in a money belt/hidden pouch, large valuables in an anti-theft bag.
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.