How it works:
- Most food places are fine, it's generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Version 1: Serving appetizers which were not ordered but which would be charged.
- Version 2: Passing off tap water as expensive bottled water.
- Version 3: Inconsistent bills such as charging for random add-ons.
- Version 4: Misleading prices/weight on the menu.
- Version 5: Having extra surcharges in Polish when the entire menu is in English, etc.
- Warsaw: Old Town Market Square, Nowy Swiat
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places (use food review apps like Zomato) and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.
- Alternative: GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has a couple of food tours.