How it works:
- Version 1: tulip bulbs can only be grown in the Autumn, but some vendors falsely claim that these can grow anytime of the year.
- Version 2: mislabeling of tulip colors – e.g. labeling a box of tulip bulbs as assorted colors when they are all of the same color.
- Version 3: packing rotten bulbs instead of the ones you want in a sealed box after you have paid.
Places to beware:
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam Flower Market, Blumenmarkt
What to do:
- If you want to buy to grow it, buy in the autumn.
- Check the bulbs after payment.