How it works:
- Version 1: victims generally fall for the many hidden charges that are thrown in to inflate the fare from 50 to 200 Euros for instance.
- Version 2: claiming 50 Euros for 20 minutes when it will be up in 10 minutes.
Places to beware:
- Amsterdam: Red Light District
What to do:
- Avoid such activities but if you do, clarify the price and hidden fees.
- A good idea is to have a separate bank account just for travelling with little cash inside. This can help you limit your losses if threatened and accosted to the ATM.