How it works:
- Junkies: touts who hang around red light districts selling drugs and stolen items (e.g. bikes).
- Legal problem: you can get caught in the fake police scam or get into trouble with the law.
- Health problem: in 2014, white heroin which was passed off as cocaine caused 3 deaths and 17 to be hospitalized. Talcum powder and parsley have also being passed off as drugs.
Places to beware:
- Amsterdam: Red Light District
What to do:
- If you want drugs, head to controlled and regulated “coffee shops” (e.g. Tweede Kamer, Dampkring).
- Alternatively, GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has a couple of cultural coffeeshop/ganja tours.