How it works:
- You may encounter these fake/unlicensed taxis along the streets or at Tivat Airport.
- The standard modus operandi is to use a fake taxi meter and to bring you on a longer route and then charge you a crazy sum for it. E.g. most would be heading to Kotor and it should not cost more than 10 Euros. A fake taxi can easily charge you 80 Euros for it.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Situation: some may be fine and are even cheaper, but you have to accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car, potentially being robbed).
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: they should have TX car plate.
- Alternatives: pre-arrange a pick up or simply use the shuttle buses.