- Situation: most food places are fine. However, there are some black sheep which try to rip tourists off and then change their names once they get found out.
- Tricks: different tricks could involve shortchanging (e.g. receiving €20 but claiming that you only gave change), doing a bait-and-switch (having items/promotional items to lure you in but then claim that it is unavailable if you try to order), not stating prices or using unclear prices on the menu (e.g. $x/100g but not telling you that the minimum order is 500g), adding items which you did not order to the men, pushing the Lake Skadar Boat tour scam, etc.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.
- Alternative: GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has a couple of food tours.