How it works:
- To win, you bet which one of three cups contain a ball (or three shells containing a pea; or three cards containing a queen), after they are switched around.
- There is a bunch of people here, who are all part of the same gang. One switches the cups, one plays the game, three to five act as onlookers, and one is on the lookout for police.
- The dealer will make it obvious which cup the ball is in when the accomplice plays to make it seem easy. If you play, the dealer will use a sleight of hand trick to take the ball out at the last shuffle. He then puts the ball back in whichever cup you did not choose when opening it.
- Note that even as a spectator, accomplices may pick your pockets.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Avoid, it’s impossible to win.