How it works:
- Version 1: a local offers to take a photo of you with a polaroid camera, seemingly for free. Once taken, a fee will be demanded, since the polaroid photo is irreversible.
- Version 2: a local offers to take a photo of you using your camera. Once taken, a fee will be demanded while holding your camera hostage.
- Version 3: while arguing with you about a fee, an accomplice picks your pocket from behind.
Places to beware:
- Milan: Piazza del Duomo
- Rome: Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps
- Venice: St. Mark’s Square
What to do:
- Decline, it is better to solicit help than to be solicited.