How it works:
- Version 1: there have reports of thieves befriending tired travellers at train stations at night and then offering spiked food/drinks.
- Version 2: this can happen at bars as well.
Places to beware:
- Florence: bars/cafes in the center
- Rome: Termini, bars/cafes around Rome’s Colosseum, Colle Oppio, Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona
- Naples: bars/cafes in the center
What to do:
- Do not accept food or drinks that you have not seen made in front of you. Do not leave it unattended.
- Sealed food or canned/bottled drinks are recommended as it is more difficult for someone to put a sedative inside.