How it works:
- Along the streets, you may see paper cartoon character cutouts dance as music is played from a cassette player just beside.
- Touts, with PhDs in bullshitting, will claim that this is because the big speaker magnets reverse the polarity of the magnets in the feet and back of the cutouts as the music plays!
- These cutouts are attached by practically invisible strings (e.g. mono-filament fishing line) which are attached to the cassette player of the speakers. So as long as the cassette tape plays, the characters will move.
- The magnets do not do anything, except to secure the string to the cutouts.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Avoid if you do not want to pay 5 Euros for two pieces of paper!