How it works:
- Version 1: there have been reports of fake products at Central Market Hall and even fake food at supermarkets!
- Version 2: fake luxury products sold at street markets.
- Version 3: fake paintings at Ecseri Flea market.
Places to beware:
- Budapest: Central Market Hall, Chinese Market, Ecseri Flea Market
What to do:
- If something is too cheap to be true, it is. Learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff, or only visit licensed, reputable shops.
- Alternatively, GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has some shopping tours.