How it works:
- Version 1: tout asks if if you want a “friendship bracelet”. If you say yes, a string/bracelet will be tied so tightly around your wrist/finger that makes it impossible to remove. Money is then demanded.
- Version 2: without asking, tout ties a string/bracelet around your wrist/finger seemingly for free. Once that is done, €10 is demanded.
Places to beware:
- Athens: Acropolis, Monastiraki, Plaka
- Rhodes: Mandraki Harbour, Fort of St Nicholas
What to do:
- Decline and stay away, keep hands hidden in your jacket.