How it works:
- Version 1: operators rent out a faulty motorbike. When you return it, a repair fee will be demanded for damages not caused by you.
- Version 2: you get into an accident thanks to the motorbike being faulty in the first place, causing further damage to the bike.
- Version 3: you are lured to sign up for a basic insurance plan disguised as a full insurance coverage plan. However, if you get into an accident, the insurance would not cover that.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Rent from a reputable shop or your hotel/hostel and do not hand over your passport as collateral.
- Thoroughly inspect your bike before use and take photos and videos as evidence. Read the terms and conditions of the insurance contract carefully.