How it works:
- Situation: to get to the top, you can take a cable car/teleferica or take a taxi.
- Version 1: taxi drivers here will try to scam you on both ways. On the way up, they will tell you that the cable car is down. On the way out, they will charge an inflated flat fare.
- Version 2: restaurant, café scams.
Places to beware:
- Athens: Mount Lycabettus
What to do:
- Take the teleferica, or arrange private transport/tour rather than take a risk with the taxi drivers here.
- Alternatively, GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) has some options.