How it works:
- Scam 1: actors posing as soldiers will get you to take a photo with them, then charge you €3 per person for it. If you use any of their props, you pay more!
- Scam 2: they offer to stamp your passport with a DDR stamp but that can cause confusion while at immigration.
- Scam 3: there are also some who try to sell you bits of the wall – these are fakes.
- Scam 4: ball and cup street game scam.
- Scam 5: petition charity scam.
Places to beware:
- Berlin: Checkpoint Charlie
What to do:
- If you wish to take a photo, negotiate a price first. Also avoid getting the DDR stamp.