How it works:
- Overview: this is not a great concern as there have only been sporadic reports. However, one should always be careful of this no matter which country you go.
- Set-up: an example – a tour operator promises you to bring you to all these different places for a good price. You take it up as it sounds like a good deal. During the trip however, you are told that certain places are closed, and at the end of a trip, you are told that the price quoted is per person, not for the whole group.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (best day tour platform in Europe)also has some popular tours (e.g.Kazbegi Full Day Group Tour, Mtskheta, Jvari, Gori and Uplistsikhe Day Tour, etc).
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.