How it works:
- Two versions: strike and run; distract and grab. Possible scenarios:
- Street, mall, shop, park, transportation hub: distracting (e.g. ask you to help with something) and snatching unattended bags/valuables from you.
- Bar, restaurant: stealing unattended bags/valuables on the chair or table.
Places to beware:
- Where there are gypsies (e.g. Batumi, Tbilisi)
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.