How it works:
- Version 1:
- Unlicensed dealers (suspected to be rogue tour agencies from China) have been reusing entry tickets of tourist attractions.
- They buy the tickets, distribute to a tour group and collect them again after the group is done, potentially reusing it up to 7 times a day.
- They tempt you by selling at a discount, but it’s only a matter of time before the authorities clamp down on it.
- Version 2:
- There are also touts who try to sell you used/fake tickets by claiming that there is a long queue and their ticket can help you skip the queue.
Places to beware:
- Paris: Lourve Museum, Palais Garnier – Opera National de Paris
What to do:
- Buy direct from company/official counters or licensed retailers.
- Alternatively, online day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (best in Europe) also has many bestselling tickets (e.g. Louvre Museum, Palace of Versailles, Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey, etc), or check out this page for the best tours in France.