How it works:
- A gypsy finds a gold ring on the floor, points at the “18k” hallmark on the ring and offers it to you (it is actually worthless polished brass).
- She asks if it’s yours, if you say no, she will suggest giving to your wife as it will make her happy. She also claims that her religion forbids keeping the ring.
- If you take it, she will share a sob story (e.g. robbed, poor), and asks if you can spare some money for her to buy food.
- The more scheming ones will have an accomplice steal from you while you are distracted.
- Nice: Castle Hill
- Paris: Eiffel Tower, Pont des Arts, Seine River, Place de la Concorde, Palais Garnier Opera House, Lourve Museum, Jardin de Tuileries, Musee d’Orsay, Palais Garnier – Opera National de Paris, Musee de l’Orangerie, Galeries Lafayette, Pont-Neuf, Arc de Triomphe, Pont Alexandre III, Champs-Elysees, Notre Dame Cathedral
- Strasbourg: Cathedrale Notre Dame de Strasbourg
What to do:
- Decline, if it’s not yours, don’t take it.