- Situation: very rare, but there are cases. Similar to the pickpocket situation in Finland, these tend to be perpetuated by members of foreign criminal gangs in summer.
- Two versions: strike and run; distract and grab. Possible scenarios:
- Bar, restaurant:distracting and then stealing unattended bags/valuables on the chair or table.
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.