How it works:
- You would imagine fake designer products (e.g. designer bags, clothes, perfumes, etc) being peddled by market stalls only in developing countries, but you will find them here too.
Places to beware:
- London: Camden Market, Oxford Street, Marble Arch
- Manchester: Harris Street, Strangeways
What to do:
- Learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff, or only visit licensed, reputable shops. If a price is too good to be true, it is.
- Alternatively, you can also check out Bicester Village, an outlet shopping centre of luxury products. GetYourGuide (best day tours platform in Europe) offers some such tours.