How it works:
- The standard European rental car tricks (e.g. Spain, Italy) can be found in Denmark as well, such as adding hidden fees, not including the sales tax when quoting you a rate, charging an exorbitant repair fee for a pre-existing dent or scratch, etc.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- If you are planning to drive, make sure to research and understand the rules of driving (e.g. having an international driving license, speed limits, road signs, etc).
- Next, rent from a reputable shop or from an online agent/aggregator like AutoEurope (over 60 years of experience) which will help you in case you face any issues.
- Thoroughly inspect your vehicle before use and take photos and videos as evidence. Read the terms and conditions of the insurance contract carefully. Do not hand over your passport as collateral. At the point of returning the car, take photos and videos again to serve as proof in case need.
- After your trip, check that your deposit has been refunded.