How it works:
- To win, you bet which one of three cups contain a ball (or three shells containing a pea), after they are switched around.
- There is a bunch of people here, who are all part of the same gang.
- One switches the cups, one plays the game, three to five act as onlookers, and one is on the lookout for police.
- They will make it seem easy to play by having the accomplice win.
- If you play, they will use a sleight of hand trick to take the ball out at the final shuffle, and put it back under whichever cup you did not choose when opening it.
- As a spectator, accomplices may also pick your pockets.
Places to beware:
- Copenhagen: Strøget Street
What to do:
- Avoid the set-up.