How it works:
- Version 1: scammers posing as ticket inspectors accuse your ticket of being a fake or accuse you of some offence. They then demand a fine to be paid on the spot.
- Version 2: there are also scammers posing as officials, who offer to take you the correct platform and then ask for a tip
Places to beware:
- Prague: Mustek Metro Station, Museum Metro Station
What to do:
- Real inspectors from the Prague Metropolitan Transport Service should be in blue uniforms (though not always) with their badge prominently displayed.
- Ask for their badges and identification. If they refuse, threaten to call the police.
- If you commit any offence, you still have the choice of paying now or later, though it’s cheaper to pay on the spot.