How it works:
- Two versions: strike and run; distract and grab. Possible scenarios:
- Beach: stealing unattended valuables while you are in the water, or one distracts and another steals.
- Train/bus: stealing unattended bags/luggage left in luggage compartments.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (hotspots – e.g. Pakleni Islands beaches, Gornja Vala in Gradac, Spiaza Beach in Susak)
- Check out other hotspots of violent crime
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.