How it works:
- Two versions: strike and run; distract and grab. Possible scenarios:
- Train/bus: stealing unattended bags/luggage in luggage compartments.
- Car: snatching valuables from your unattended car – hotspots include the RepublikaSrpska entity border, ObalaKulinabana, Kulovicastreet.
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.
- If driving: make sure to park in secured parking lots and do leave any valuables unattended in the car. Some spots include the BBI Center or in the SaravejoCituCenter.