How it works:
- Some are fine but some will overcharge you with inflated flat fares.
Places to beware:
- Brussels: Brussels Midi Station
What to do:
- Situation: they may be fine, but you have to accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car, potentially being robbed).
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: in black (with yellow squares on the side) or white color, taxi sign on roof, working meter.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. eCab, Uber, taxi.eu) or day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (best in Europe) with 10+ transport options.