How it works:
- Version 1: there have been reports of bag slashing on the train from Prague to Vienna, as passengers take a nap and leave bags unattended.
- Version 2: thieves distract you by causing a commotion so that accomplices can steal unattended luggage.
Places to beware:
- Prague to Vienna route
What to do:
- Luggage: use one with reinforced zippers, as a pen can break zippers of most luggage. Add another layer of deterrence with a portable lock/strap.
- Valuables: store in an anti-theft bag with you instead of in your luggage (easy to break into).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.