How it works:
- Situation: there are many touts for boat tours at the boat station and they have a few tricks.
- Version 1: you agree on a price but while in the middle of the river, a higher fee is demanded.
- Version 2: you agree on the places to see and the duration of the tour, but you will end up visiting fewer places and spending less time than promised.
Places to beware:
- Hue: Perfume River
What to do:
- Get a licensed, reputable tour operator:
- Offline operators: ask - is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover - is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: Klook (best day tour platform in Asia) has some Perfume River tours.
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.