How it works:
- A driver approaches and offers a tour where he claims you can pay as much as you want!
- Next, he takes out a notebook and shows you all the positive reviews in it which are really detailed and in different languages and handwriting.
- Once you get on, the driver who is extremely glib, will build rapport and trust with you.
- End of the day however, he will bring you to a dark, secluded street. Then, he will shove an official looking price list in your face with extremely inflated prices.
- Other tricks:
Places to beware:
- Ho Chi Minh City: Ben Thanh Market
- Hoi An
What to do:
- Only take it for short rides and negotiate a firm price first.
- Make sure you have GPS so you can’t be held hostage in a secluded spot.