How it works:
- With sleight of hand, the shopkeeper swaps your notes to counterfeit ones.
- Next, he claims that your notes are counterfeits, passes them to you and demand real ones. If you pay, you will be paying double effectively!
Places to beware:
What to do:
- A real note:
- A watermark of the King of Thailand on the right (hold it up to a light source).
- Opposite of it, there are six markers with a metallic sheen.
- The note is made of sturdy material and should feel dry and smooth.
- Watch carefully how your notes are handled.
- Be careful with the 1,000 baht note as it is most commonly used for this trick.
- You can also take note of the note’s serial number.