How it works:
- At Pattaya: when you order a new drink, a bill is added into a bucket by your table. Extra bills may be thrown in there if you are distracted/drunk.
- At other places: being overcharged for drinks where no price is listed, or cheap drinks are advertised only for inflated hidden fees (e.g. cover charge) to be added.
Places to beware:
- Bangkok: Patpong, Soi Cowboy
- Chiang Mai: Ta Pae Gate
- Pattaya: Walking Street Pattaya
- Phuket: Bangla street
What to do:
- Request to pay upfront and not use the bucket method.