How it works:
- Taipei has a high number of bicycle theft cases.
- For instance, an infamous thief – Mr Chen was released from jail after only a month or two, despite stealing more than two dozen bikes. This was because the court decided it wasn’t worth the effort to keep him in jail.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Take a photo of the bicycle and serial number.
- Lock to an immovable object indoors or in a well-lit area with a u-lock. Keep them off the ground so they can’t be smashed.
- Report any thefts to the police.